Pick up at your hotel in Luang Prabang and transfer by car to a base camp outside of town. From here, your adventure begins in the Lao wilderness: riding elephants, trekking and canoeing.
Start your expedition by feeding elephants at a local animal hospital where a veterinarian shares knowledge of elephant behavior and answers any questions you have. Once you’re comfortably settled atop an elephant, embark on your 1.5-hour trek, riding through teak forests and over hills to reach the remote Huay Sae Valley.
Take in the lush landscape of this prime jungle until you reach a secluded waterfall, where you can swim in the natural pools (depending on the water level) and enjoy your picnic lunch with sticky rice with Lao specialties such as lab mou (minced pork with spices and chili), aor larm (stewed meat with spices), fried mixed vegetables and crispy fried fish, among other options.
From here you’ll continue your trek on foot, hiking for approx 1.5 hours alongside a marvelous Huay Sae mountain stream. Hike with your guide on this adventurous trail, crossing bamboo bridges and passing picturesque waterfalls that peek from dense jungle. Where the trail leaves the valley, traditional horses from a Hmong hill tribe can carry your group’s day-packs along a more demanding uphill section through forests and fields.
When you reach the shores of the Nam Khan River, a beautiful bamboo raft is waiting to take you back to the base camp. Float slowly downstream on a relaxing 1.5-hour journey on this gentle river as you absorb views of traditional Lao village life along the riverbanks. Transfer by car back to your hotel in Luang Prabang. End the trip.
Private tour of Elephant trails & trekking
|No of travelers||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-8 pax||9 pax up|
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs
Good to know
- A certain level of physical fitness is recommended for this tour
- Trekking shoes are recommended for this tour. Flip-flops and other opened-toe shoes are not allowed
- Sunscreen and insect repellent recommended
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout Laos; when not swimming, modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees should be worn
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Elephant riding, bamboo raft cruise
- English speaking tour guide & porters
- Picnic lunch & mineral water
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses, other not mentioned above
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)