Morning, your tour guide greets you at your hotel and drives to Kuang Si Falls. Before a dip in the waterfall’s cascading pools, visit the nearby Tat Kuang Si rescue center to learn about the great work of the Free the Bears organization. At this sanctuary you’ll learn more about some two dozen Asiatic black bears, most of them rescued as young cubs from illegal poaching and trading.
Spend as much time as you’d like at the bear sanctuary before a refreshing swim at Kuang Si Falls. The idyllic setting, where crystalline water fills three terraced pools, is a popular place for locals and visitors to cool down on hot days.
When you’re ready, set out on your hike into the forest surrounding Kuang Si. Walk with your guide for approximately 3 hours, passing through bamboo, teak, ferns and other flora along the way.
Stop at a small village in time for a packed picnic lunch of typical Lao dishes — sticky rice, mixed vegetables and fried egg with chili sauce — and then continue on through the countryside.
Finish hiking by mid-afternoon, when you hop on a bike for a fun ride back to Luang Prabang. The 21-mile (35-km) ride takes about an hour. Expect to bike along the main road uphill, and then coast mostly downhill. Finish at your hotel late afternoon.
Private Kuang Si Falls tour Luang Prabang
|No of travelers||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-8 pax||9 pax up|
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs
Good to know
- A certain level of physical fitness is recommended for this tour
- Trekking shoes are recommended for this tour. Flip-flops and other opened-toe shoes are not allowed
- Sunscreen and insect repellent recommended
- Swimsuit required to swim at Kuang Si Falls
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout Laos; when not swimming, modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees should be worn
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- Bike and safety equipment
- Entrance fees
- English speaking tour guide
- Picnic lunch & mineral water
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses, other not mentioned above
- Gratuities (optional)